Monday, March 15, 2010

Movies

Lately I've been reading and watching lots of movies. I had a week off of work and wasn't feeling great so I spent alot of time at home sleeping and whiling away the hours. I watched one on Youtube called Kitty (1945) that was charming, the story was interesting the acting good and the costumes were amazing. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhlvrqcuVg&feature=PlayList&p=B9447683C3F47391&index=0 . I also watched Whip It which was a cute and inspiring story. I am not a rollerskater and never have been. I've never been a tom boy and dislike bruising. After watching this movie I almost wanted to try and ignore all that and go be a rollerderby girl. Hahaha. You can see a trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGPdXnb2Gg . I also saw Couples Retreat which for the most part was pretty bland, although I got a couple of laughs out of it. Watched Public Enemies too you can see a trailer for it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJUIeYb28Vk . Its about Dillinger and was overall an entertaining movie. I enjoyed the costumes and sets, but it dragged on pretty slow towards the end and wasn't overly memorable. I read a book about Katherine Hepburn that was charming and interesting, she was an amazing woman. I also read a book called A Complicated Kindness it was a very interesting read told from the perspective of a teen mennonite girl and it tells how she copes with growing up when members of her family keep going missing. It was worth reading and I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment