Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Holidays

No matter where you are or what you are celebrating I think it is a good idea to ask your self- Why am I doing this? What do I love about it? What could I do to feel better about it? Is this a priority for me?

If you love the beauty of the season try and bring that to whatever you do... If you love the peace of the season try and hold peace within you no matter where you go... If you love the socializing of the season find extra little ways to spend time with those you care about.

Be present and if you don't love it, if it doesn't feel good or isn't really a priority don't do it. If you find yourself doing something out of obligation or expectation; take a moment to stop and think about it; you can still decide to do it if you choose. When it is a choice it is more enjoyable and less likely to cause resentment later.

I have been finding my self doing this more often this year than ever before and I have been feeling really good about Christmas this year, I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment